April 2011

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Missionary Cookbook

Missionary Cookbook

I spent a fair piece of an afternoon and evening this week compiling recipes fit for a missionary. The criteria I used was: easy, few and "normal" ingredients and foods that a missionary might want to cook it. I think fast is important too, as missionaries shouldn't, and probably don't want to spend a lot of time cooking. I included a few treats, but it was mostly entre' type things. Now, I want to share it with the family, and get your opinions as to whether I met the criteria. I also want you to contribute some recipes you deem missionary cookbook worthy.

So, the question is: how do I post my excel pages online so you can view, comment and/or edit them? Should I set up another blog for just recipes?

2 comments:

BJ said...

Cooking blogs are always fun. I think they are effective. There are lots of other ways to do it too, but probably none that are that easy. Especially if you use the tags, you can make it very search-able. For example you can tag each post with it's main ingredient, or tag it with a category, or both! So the blog would be my suggestion. If you don't like that idea, you can put it in a google doc easily enough. It would be more printable from there, and you could see the revision history of all the changes. In both cases you can allow certain people to add to it, and allow others just to view it. But it's a great idea! I'll try to think of recipes to submit.

Craig Woller said...

Another thing you could do, not as simple for you, but would work, would be to just post your recipes online as a pdf file and then we can just email you with suggestions. A lot more work, but hey, I am not smart like BJ.