April 2011

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Speaking of Blessings...

So, I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I'm having some serious family withdrawals. Miss you all!

The conversation we had on Sunday night was one of the highlights of the trip for me. It was so nice to hear from everyone (except Collin and Alyssa... we still need to hear from you guys!) about what's going on in everyone's life. We have all been on the receiving end of so many blessings!

I don't know if you all remember how I was pretty excited to have a new job working for a guy who has an appreciation for what I do. It has been so refreshing! I also talked about how I'm staying with my main job with the physical therapy company despite the fact that most of the higher-ups would just as soon see me go. Well, thankfully, now I'm doing just that.

Let me back up a little bit now. I've been feeling for quite a while that my time with them has been drawing to a close, and frankly, it has really stressed me out. I've been looking for a job, but it's discouraging to do that, since there is very little demand for the type of work I do here in the Tri-Cities. However, last week on Thursday (the day before we went down to Oregon), I was leaving work, and I had the distinct impression to check Craigslist when I got home. I thought that was funny, because Craigslist is the worst job board for marketing-type positions in the tri-cities. So I was doing the whole, "was that me, or actually the spirit?" thing.

Anyway, later that night, I came back to me pretty forcefully, and the computer was right there, so why not? I got to craigslist, and clicked on the marketing job postings, and just as I thought, there were like four postings, all of which were actually commissions-based sales jobs. But then I checked the web developer section. It was equally short, but the last entry caught my attention. They were asking for someone to do something that was almost exactly what I do at the PT office, with a few extras. But there was no phone number, no name, not even a hint as to what industry it was in, and it was two weeks old. All of those are red flags. For some reason, I didn't care. I fired off an email, despite both Heather and I saying something to the effect of, "that's sketchy as, and even if it's not, that post is too old for them to not have hired someone already."

The next morning, I hadn't heard from them, and I realized that I hadn't sent them my resume, so I sent that along too. Then we left for Oregon, and I forgot about it. Honestly, I didn't think anything would come of it, and that it was all just a big coincidence that I found that job posting. I didn't hear anything all week. Then on Monday, after we arrived home, I received an email. They were interested and wanted me to call their office to set up an interview. I also found out in that email that the company was a personal injury law firm (which I wasn't really that excited about because of my last experience with a law firm).

Anyway, I called them before closing on Tuesday, but they didn't answer and I left a message. I didn't from them the next morning, which in any other case I would have just taken as a sign that they weren't that interested, and dropped it. But I kept receiving spiritual nudges, so I called them again around lunch time on Wednesday. I was transferred to the main guy and talked to him for a little bit, before he invited me to their office for a formal interview the next day.

Again, I was thinking that this would be good practice for the job search or something, so I didn't get my hopes up for anything real to come of it. I showed up for the interview the next day, and it went great. The guy turned out to be LDS, and he explained the job to me. I'd be managing their website, creating video, and taking photos. My favorite question he asked me was, "are you good with photography?" Anyway, the job was full time, with full benefits (insurance, 401k, paid vacation time, etc.), and they were asking me what kind of computer I preferred. He told me that they were ok with me not being a total expert, and that they wanted me to grow into my position, and that raises would come regularly, and that they'd even pay for online courses should the need arise for me to learn something new that they needed. Basically, I couldn't ask for a better gig.

He told me that he still needed to talk to his business partner, but sounded confident that they would offer me the job, and told me to expect a call either that day or the next. As I left that office, I just sat in my car and thanked Heavenly Father. I felt very confident that I would be getting that job offer, and I just had this sense of peace and relief wash over me. It was such a powerful experience to be thanking God and feeling His love wash over me.

I did not hear from them that night. However, the next morning (Friday), I was sitting on the couch with Treyson on my lap watching the Piano Guys when my phone rang. They offered me the job, and gave me two weeks to wrap things up. I put in my two weeks notice later that day, which they graciously accepted, and congratulated me on my new job. I start it on June 12. I will be able to continue to consult for the PT office, and I will be able to continue to work with the insurance guy as well, since that will become a maintenance job very soon.

This Job fell into my lap. I feel so good about it, so directed to it. There were so many reasons why it shouldn't have panned out. But here I am, starting a new job that I'm just positive will bring the stability that I've always wanted to provide for my family.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with ya'll! God's methods and timing can seem illogical, but they are always perfect. I am so thankful for His presence and guidance!

Love you all!

No comments: