April 2011

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Testimony--Book of Mormon insert

Quin did an excellent job describing our family night last night. It was one of those FHE's that was kind of spontaneously effective. It just grew from a good idea to a full blown lesson in moments. I'm glad we took time to develop it, and call the children back to read our testimonies when we were done. Here's my testimony for the collection. Rochelle is going to compile these, and format and print them for Tayler to take with him. Later he can insert them into each Book of Mormon he places.

Anyone who would like to post in a comment their testimony could join us in this endeavor. You could also just e-mail it to Rochelle. Mine is 224 words I think, and it fits perfectly into the book with a size 12 font.

Hello Friend,
I’m glad you have accepted this copy of the Book of Mormon. It is one of my favorite books, and I have read it many times. Each time I read it, I gain new insights about how I can be a better person and align myself with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The teachings in this book are true, and if you study them you will be a better person for it. I am grateful for the examples chronicled in these pages, for I have learned much about service, love, faith in Jesus Christ, the atonement, pride, endurance, and much more. I know these things are true because I have felt the Holy Spirit as I have read and studied these words. This witness of the Spirit has made me feel peaceful, warm, and sure. I often go to this book as I seek answers to problems I face, or to feel comfort and assurance. Reading from its pages regularly makes me feel like I can meet my challenges, and become the person I was meant to become. I hope you will read it, and follow the admonition found in the last chapter of the book on page 529, Moroni 10:3-5. These verses outline how you can receive a witness from the Spirit that the book is true.

I love Jesus Christ and his gospel, and I testify that this is a true testament of Him.

Cindy Arave Christensen
Sherwood, Oregon, United States of America

No comments: