April 2011

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decemburrrrrr!

Its cold and its snowing today. I attended my High Council meeting this morning before the snow started falling and came out to a white, winter wonderland. Our church meetings were canceled so we have spent the day at home. This morning we watched a BYU-Idaho devotional about art and how all things in heaven and earth testify that there is a God. The speaker was the artist that painted the newest rendition of Josephs first vision. He is a wonderful wildlife and nature artist, and an Art instructor at BYU-Idaho. He spoke about a law of proportions called the Golden Sector, I think, and then showed how all of nature was created after this law. As I was pondering his words and looking out the window at the falling snow and the beautiful transformation of the nature around us, I found a new appreciation and my heart filled with emotion, gratitude and love for God, our Savior, and all of Their magnificent creations.
Then we watched "Music and the Spoken Word". It was absolutely stunning. It was one of the most original Christmas productions I have ever seen. The mastery of music in the arrangements by Mac Wilburg moved me so deeply that pure joy filled my heart as tears spilled from my eyes. This time I felt God's love through His mortal creations and the talents He bestows. He truly loves us and wants our lives here to be full, delightful, and joyous. I testify that He lives and loves each of us. I love Him with all my heart.
We had family prayer and then I told Anna to go feed the goats. I suggested that Tayler go with her and take pictures, but no one wanted to be left out. So we all bundled up and went out into the beauty.

2 comments:

Cami said...

So,i've been sneeking peeks at your family blog! Aunt Cindy's last post was wonderful. I just have to day that she seems like one of the most well balanced people I know, so I laughed out loud when I read that you think you strugle to maintain balance!! To me, you are the perfect example of balance!!! You are a grat example!

rochelle said...

Great pictures. I wish I could have been there! I guess winter is finally here.