April 2011

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I am thankful for all of God's Creations...

I came across an FHE lesson I did for the family when I was in Young Women's in Tigard (10-12 years ago). The Lesson was on being thankful for all of God's creations. I enjoyed reading through it again, especially the pieces of paper with everyone's "thankful" lists.
I have enjoyed the beautiful snow-covered mountains and trees here, and also the great snow pictures you all have shared. I really do love nature and the beauty of the earth is a testimony to me that God loves us, and that our existence is no accident.
Some of the things you guys were thankful for (I'm just identifying y'all by your handwriting...)
Dad: Rainbows, sun rays thru the clouds, rolling green pastures, animals, beautiful flowers, forests and streams, crystal clear lakes with reflections of mountains and trees.
Mom: waterfalls, snow- capped mountains, pine trees,, rhodys and flowering bushes, all flowers, blue sky, fluffy clouds, smell of lilac on a summer day, green meadows, tomato plants, gardens- veg. and flower, songbirds, starry sky, harvest moon, wild animals of the forest, play grounds.
Rochelle: family- baby sisters (Anna would have been the baby), food/ water, friends, electricity, home, church, trees/ flowers, teachers, car, sunshine.
Marissa: water, flowers, woods, trees, birds, songs, leaves, plants, grass, sun, family, food.
Tayler: Jesus, my dad and mom, my baby, my sisters and brothers, my dog, my cousins, Heavenly Father, my aunts and uncles, and grandpa and grandma, the world, all the different continents and all the houses that we live in.
Cara: drew a picture of the sun, and a picture of a car that someone helped her write the word "garage" on.

1 comment:

Dad, Quin said...

I don't know why, but this kind of stuff always makes me cry lately. Such precious memories. In my minds eye I can see each of your faces and even Cara's little picture. Thanks for sharing this Rochelle. It really touched my heart. I love you.