April 2011

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin - I never shook his hand, but he was my friend

My heart is heavy and happy tonight as I have just learned of the passing of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. Heavy because I have lost a friend. Happy because he has joined his loved ones and is in the presence of The Master. I feel that he is my friend, even though I never shook his hand or spoke to him. Each time he spoke I felt the unifying link only the Holy Ghost can connect, and through that medium we were unified just as one friend is with another. As I have listened to his talks these past several years, I have always come away thinking to myself, "that was so simple, that made me feel so good". Elder Wirthlin made me feel like I could be good, like I could endure, like I could conquer self, like I could have hope, like I could laugh at my self, like I could obey, like I could love like the Savior some day. I testify that he truly was a prophet, seer, and revelator. I love him. I honor his life and service.


I hope you will all take time to read his last words to us from last conference. I promise they will make you happy.

"Come What May and Love It"

No comments: