April 2011

Friday, November 4, 2011

Missionary work, Even with members

So last night, I was talking on the phone, and consequently had to leave the part of the library i was in, and went outside to the stairwell, and sat out there to talk. When I was done, there was a young man who had climbed the stairs all the way to the third floor, who had some physical handicaps. He turned to me from one of the other chairs, and asked if I was an RM, and then proceeded to ask me some questions about how the prayer role at the temple worked. I told him about it as artfully as I could, without disclosing things that shouldn't be disclosed, and seemed to help him out a lot. His main question was whether or not it worked. In my mind, I'm going, " Did you really just ask me that? Of course it does! You're looking at a recipient of such prayers! And I've been helped!" But I used the "patience" that I learned on my mission, and explained it as best I could. He visibly relaxed after I explained everything, and felt the spirit several times during the conversation, which was a tender mercy for me.

After that, my Friend Elisa asked me to work on her back, because she was having some serious pain, and as soon as i touched her back, I Knew exactly why. It was possibly the tightest, knotiest back i have ever worked on. I worked on it for almost an hour and only succeeded in loosening her mid back, and worked out 2 knots. Today I'll be trying to finish it, but we'll see if I can. The nice thing about all this, is that I'm focusing on other people a lot in the last few days, which has made me forget about my own problems, and decided that they really aren't as bad as they originally seemed, and I'm happy! I love how God gives us those mercies where we can be of help to others, and when it really comes down to it, it's really helping you the most. That's where I am right now, and it's great! I Love it! So my last few days have been really good, and I've quite literally forgotten myself and gone to work. It has been such a blessing!

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Cool, Tayler. Sounds like a neat opportunity.