April 2011

Sunday, October 26, 2008

GRATITUDE THIS WEEK

Things I've enjoyed this week or felt grateful for--in no particular order

1. It was sunny all week!
2. Anna and I finished Eragon.
3. Anna and I went to see High School Musical!!--It was soo fun. It made me happy!
4. I vacuumed my room.
5. I baked TALL bread.
6. Dad, and I went to Stake Conference-the adult session. It felt so nice to be in a grown up meeting!
7. The family went to stake conference and heard the broadcast from Salt Lake. All 36 stakes in Oregon heard it. I took 6 pages of notes.
8. We walked through Heater Forest, and took a lot of pictures. We will treasure that day after the clear cut next week.
9. I got to edit another creative paper of Collin's. I always like doing that because it's so enjoyable.
10. Cara and I gave blood in the same cubical. She succeeded, but I had a bad vein or connection, and the blood didn't flow fast enough, so I only filled half a bag. Boo.
11. Dad ordered me a new lap top!
12. Collin went on a campout, they got lost, then found their way, only to discover the right road had a road block and was closed. It was about dark, yet right beyond the roadblock was an unmarked campsite, so they took it. At bedtime Collin suggested they have a devotional. They did, he made significant comments and was a good example. He can post more on that subject. He made my heart happy.
13. I auditioned 10 children for a specialty number, and was pleasantly surprised.
14. 2 people dropped out of the Sherwood Chorale after 3 weeks practice--then I found 2 more to replace them. I think they'll be able to catch up...Here's hoping.
15. Your Dad and I spent 1/2 hour talking about a point in Pres. Campbell's talk last night, and studying the scriptures. That was nice. We help eachother figure things out.
16. We picked a box full of mini pumkins, and filled the wheelbarrow with 9 large pumpkins. We picked all of the huge bean pods and tore out the bean plants. Anna dug out a 2' square of green onions, and I discoverd that although much most of the garden has withered in the cold, my zucchini plants are still hanging in there, and I plucked 6 small zucchini yesterday. We keep thinking the rains are coming, but so far it's been dry, and the garden has lasted a good long time, and it's been nice to clean it up a bit in nice weather.
17. I just answered the door to recieve a loaf of lovely homemade artisan bread from Lee Middleton. It was a thank you for helping Lisa a few weeks ago to make a pattern for her daughter to have a shrug to go over her homecoming dress. I also helped her solve a sewing problem. It was fun to help and get a good visit in too.

Well, I need to move on. I'm looking forward to a new week.
Don't forget to count your blessings.

2 comments:

Tayler said...

MOM! That is such a great idea, i have lots of things to be thankful for too, i should make a list. hope you're doing well! love ya!

rochelle said...

Thanks for posting. Good idea, counting your blessings always makes things look brighter.