April 2011

Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Religion, Our Consitution, Our Government, and Patriotism

I posted a talk I gave in church four and a half years ago on the Sunday before July 4th on my other blog. However, I altered it just a bit to be a little more friendly to those of other faiths. The original can be found here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhh4rv6q_12dvtg47d5

If you want to comment, you can comment either here or on the other blog. It doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

BJ

3 comments:

Cindymom said...

Thank you for your talk. I just read Cilla's e-mails about Proposition 8 in CA also. How important it is to be involved in our nations politics. The fireside Pricilla mentioned with the apostles, sounded familiar to the quote by Eliza R Snow saying the elders of the church would help rescue the constitution that is hanging by a thread. We've heard the quote for years. With the current economic crisis, and the assault on marriage, are we entering into the truly perilous times foretold? I've known things were heading that way for a long time, but it seems more so now than ever. We can't be passive, we have to get involved an take a stand.

Dad, Quin said...

HURRAY, VOTE FOR BJ!!!!!
Great talk. When ever I read the words and opinions of our founding fathers I feel shout HURRAY for good and nobel men who put God and Country first, who would, indeed, sacrifice life and fortune for her, and who cemented thier words in history with their actions. I love this country and will forever be loyal.

Thanks for the reminder to obey, study, and stand-up and be counted BJ.

rochelle said...

Good post, BJ. I enjoyed your talk. I agree that we need to be involved, and informed. Thanks for also posting links to your sources. That was helpful.