April 2011

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pain, Sickness, and Hunger

Ok, i know the title is rather depressing, but its actually quite entertaining. so ill address the first topic: Pain. This weekend i played in an ultimate frisbee game. I know, its no big deal any more, i play in one every weekend, but this is the first one that i have played at full health... pretty much anyway. I was in almost the entire game, and ran myself ragged, at least 2 miles of sprinting. Just as a sidenote, my team won, 13-9. Afterwards, I was unhappy with my performance, and resolved to start running. With Dad's voice echoing in my head, "so when are you going to start? Tomorrow?" I resloved to go running right then to start it off right. So, with shorts on and two layers of under armour, I set off from my apratment at full speed. The wind was howling, making the temperature drop to about 38 degrees, so i promptly turned around, ran back to the apartment for my Beanie to keep my ears from falling off. Once done, I again braved the weather. I ran around campus once, and then headed back home. It was something like a mile or a little more, but on top of the 2 i had already sprinted, it felt like way more. Upon returning home, I maxed out in push-ups, sit ups, and the works. Sunday rolled around, and I had to roll out of bed just to get out of it. none of my limbs worked. That was a "good sore" as i have heard dancers put it. The second word, Sickness: I woke up sunday, with the common cold. Stuffy nose, a cough full of phlegm, and I found out at ward choir my voice dropped to the point of being able to sing 2 notes below the staff with very little effort. Blah. I'm sneezing and coughing as I write. 3rd, Hunger: I had a large breakfast of Wheaties and toast (yes, mom, i found the wheaties!!!). After I got home from church, I realized that breakfast food was the only food I possesed. I could not bring myself to ask someone to make me dinner, because well, my sisters taught me better than that. :) However, I made a tripple decker sandwich, and that served me through the rest of the day. I spent the day reading, writing and sleeping. luckily I didn't end up actually needing to eat anymore, but I dont think It helped my situation much. Today I went grocery shopping though, and I am well stocked for at least the next 2 weeks. Thats the week so far. Some pictures are coming soon though. Dont yall worry. :P

2 comments:

Dad, Quin said...

I'm not sure if your bragging or complaining but all I can say is GET MORE SLEEP, DRINK MORE WATER, AND EAT FRUIT AND VEGETABLES. I hope you feel better soon bud.

rochelle said...

I echo Dad's sentiment: Three words- sleep, ibuprofen, nutrition. Haha. I'm glad you have some food now. Man, I thought you just got better from your cough. Run away from sick people!