As I was studying my scriptures and contemplating the idea of perseverance, I began to cross reference some of the verses I was reading and it lead me to learn about a prophet in the Old Testament. His name was Micaiah. (2 Kings 22:14-25). He was kind of a sarcastic dude. But he was bold and unyielding even before a king who smacked him cross the face. The king wanted his blessing to go to war. All of the other "prophets" said it would be OK. Too bad they were filled with lying tongues that would say anything the king wanted to here. Not Micaiah, he got right in the kings face with blatant, sarcastic absurdity. Maybe a bit disrespectful, but unyielding just the same. Maybe sometimes it is better to honor God than to tiptoe about trying not to step on proud and sensitive feelings. Talk about firm and steadfast. I honor him for his courage, but recognize his human weakness as well, and it gives me hope.
God truly does use imperfect men to wield perfect priesthood power. It's a concept that I am still trying to understand but I trust in the plan and I feel the effects of my successes and failures changing me -- and I guess that's the whole point, isn't it.
1 comment:
Wow, I don't remember that story. Thanks for sharing it and your take-away message.
Post a Comment