April 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I am thankful

What a great day. This morning was beautiful. The light was amazing as it hit the tree that were starting to show real color.
There is something about morning light that sets me right. Hey that rhymed!!! 




Work was great. We filled the schedule. I had a great lunch with my sweet heart, and enjoyed an afternoon drive out to Blue Lake Park, where Collin PR'd again in his final X-Country meet of the year.  I was observing some of the teams and saw a few of them huddled together right before their race.  Collin's team was one of them.  I could see they were praying together, and the thought came to me "Father in Heaven rejoices any time His children acknowledge Him".  The minute that thought came I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and joy that made me blink back some tears.  It set a great tone for the race as well as the afternoon.  There seems to be a lot of camaraderie and friendship at these meets.  Everyone is cheering for everyone.  Collin beat a kid from Sandy who had been beating him all season and after the race they met up and were like old friends.  Pretty cool stuff.

Came home to a warm home and a great dinner.

Spoke with a member of the ward on the phone and felt inspiration and compassion flow through me to her.  Life is pretty good.  I am so thankful for the tender mercies of my Father in Heaven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha that slideshow made me laugh! Collin is awesome!

rochelle said...

Loved all those pictures. Thanks for writing your thoughts.