April 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gratitude Attitude

On Sunday night, Dad and I had a great conversation over the phone, and we both decided we needed to be more grateful. I especially thought that, and then we came up with this brilliant idea to help us get into that gratitude attitude. We decided post one thing a day on the family Blog that we are thankful for. It could be a sentence, or just as long as you want it to be. And since I've missed a few days already, I'll put Monday through Wednesday all in this Blog. So here goes. (Dad its your turn :P)

Monday:
My Lymph Nodes were literally killing me. Eating was painful, even drinking water was painful, and then Tiffany came to my rescue, and took me to the health center to get checked out, and even ended up a little late for her own class just to make sure I got there on time for my appointment.

Tuesday:
My good friend and Dance partner from last semester, Amanda Farnworth, came down from Boise to visit, and her and I got to hang out a bit, and then she offered to buy me dinner, cause she was hungry, and we weren't done with our conversation, and she found out that I had very little money to buy my own dinner, so she offered, and I gratefully accepted. Thanks Amanda!

Wednesday (Today):
I got up this morning ready for a day of misery as I went to all my classes, but as I got into my first class, world religions, we were taking a quiz on confucianism, which I had not done the assigned reading for. However, I was deeply grateful when little aspects of it starting coming to mind that I had learned on my mission, and that were on this quiz. I ended up with a 9/10 on the quiz! Not bad! I'm grateful for my Mission, and all it taught me, as well as the Holy Ghost for bringing all things to my remembrance.

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Good idea, guys. I enjoyed reading this. I'm glad you went on your mission too, Tay. And the Holy Ghost is awesome. :D