April 2011

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pep Talks are good things.

I was talking to one of my FHE sisters last night, and the conversation turned in such a way that I learned some very sad things about her, that are not her fault at all, and I became instantly grateful for my upbringing both by Mom and Dad, as well as my sisters, especially Rochelle and Marissa, who taught me how to talk to, and most importantly view, women. I had, and took the opportunity to give her a pep talk. She had been having troubles with her family as well as her own self-worth, and I was the lucky one to be able to tell her how beautiful and amazing she was, and that anyone who thought otherwise didn't matter. I have to say, it was one of my better pep talks, but the best part was, I was able to be totally sincere, and she seemed to really appreciate it. I love it when I can help people like that, and then trace it back to the fact that I have the most amazing family, and they are the reason that i turned out the way I did. Love you guys!

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Love you Tay. Pep talks ARE good. Way to boost someone's self-worth. It's important to remember that no matter what people say about you, what Heavenly Father's message is to you is what's most important- and His message is always one of unconditional love and acceptance of who we are as a person.