My testimony of The Book of Mormon is one that has developed gradually. Every time I pray about it, I always feel that it is true and that the things written in it are truly the word of God. Every time I read the Book of Mormon, I feel a sense of peace and joy, knowing that the stories and principles taught are written for our day, and for me. I know that there is always something that I can apply to my life and whatever situation I am in, if I just look a little deeper at what I read. When I pray before I read, my scripture study is especially meaningful, and becomes a tutorial with Heavenly Father as he pours in deeper knowledge and understanding. My life is enriched and I am a happier person when I read the scriptures.
I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. He was the instrument through which Heavenly Father Restored the Gospel on the Earth. He was a man, a human being just like the rest of us, but through the Power of God, he became the person God intended him to be. He was ordained of God, and I am forever thankful for his dedication and faith.
I know that Christ lives and that he Atoned for each of our sins, as well as all of our pains, sicknesses and grief. He knows us all intimately, and loves us more than we can understand. With the knowledge that I don't have to bear the pains of life all on my own, I know that I can go through life being as happy as possible. That is what life is about.
I bear witness that the scriptures testify of joy and happiness, and have the keys to our eternal happiness within them.
Marissa Patterson
Ventura, California, USA
No comments:
Post a Comment