The month is sailing by. Tayler is doing great on his mission. Tomorrow, May 25 he will be departing for Australia. I have been posting his letters on his blog, as well as some recent pictures, so I won't go into how his mission is going here.
After our amazing concert celebrating 5 year of the Sherwood Chorale, I began working on the next project: The Music Man. I'm directing vocal music, and organizing the orchestra for the show. We had 5 auditions days, plus a special audition, the 6th one, for the lead, Harold Hill. We had about 80 people audition, so it has been a busy time to say the least. After the 5th audition, we began calling a few people for contacts and trying to find someone who could take on the role. I remembered someone I saw sing at the LDS performers concert last February. After some investigating, I finally made contact with him, and he auditioned. Much to our relief and delight, he met the criteria. I am glad that even for a community musical, prayers are answered, and calm and peace can abound. I'm kind of amazed that I had the connection, and that although I made other calls based on other peoples recommendations, this person is the one that I felt compelled to pursue during the week it took to make it all happen.
I think that when we try to keep our lives in order, and do first things first, and take care of our priorities of home, family and church, the Lord blesses us to be able to do the extra things--like service in the community. I constantly pray that I can keep perspective and balance with all the community work I do. I often fall short, but I try to reassess and recommit every day to keeping first things first. It's a continual challenge, but when I get to the end of my life, I hope I can look back and see good that I have done, lives that I have touched, differences I have made, and always, a family that has been right there along for the whole ride. I'm especially grateful to have a husband who supports and encourages me, and sometimes even reigns me in when I'm a little too extended. He's good for me, and I am very blessed to be free to do what I do, and do it with his support and blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment