April 2011

Monday, May 4, 2009

Richard's Testimony

My Testimony of the Book of Mormon
The Book of Mormon has had a profound influence on my life. I remember as a child being called in to the family room by my parents to have our daily scripture study. We would start by singing a song called “Scripture Power.” The chorus is as follows,
scripture power - keeps me safe from sin,
scripture power - is the power to win,
scripture power - every day I need,
the power that I get each time I read.
As we sang our song and began to read, a peaceful spirit would fill our home and our hearts. I began to develop faith in the power of the word of God and I began to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I took for granted then the impact that the Book of Mormon was having on my life, but looking back now, I can see what it has done. I really learned to love the Book of Mormon on my mission as I had the opportunity to extensively study it and teach from it each day. It answered many prayers that I had and through the words it contains, I was able to bless the lives of many others. I love the way the Bible and the Book of Mormon go together. The Bible provides amazing insight into the life, miracles, and ministry of Jesus Christ and relates the experience of His atonement. For me, the Book of Mormon goes into greater depth explaining the absolute need for Christ and the grace He offers through His sacrifice. The Book of Mormon has brought me closer to Christ than any other book and has taught me invaluable truths that pertain to His gospel. I absolutely know that it is true and I know that if you sincerely read it and pray to know that it is true, you can have the same witness I have had and experience the same blessings.

No comments: